This is just another reason I love zucchinis. Make this delicious silky and creamy zucchini soup without any cream. The velvety creaminess of pistachios and coconut combined with freshness of herbs is what makes this soup so appealing. Enjoy!
- 5 zucchinis, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 thin slice peeled fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons shelled raw pistachios
- 2 tablespoons raw shelled hemp seed
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
TOPPING: Since I always have fresh herbs in my refrigerator, I used dill, parsley and cilantro for this recipe.
In a large saucepan, add coconut oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper and sauté until lightly golden and softened, about 8 minutes. Add ¾ cup coconut milk and bring to simmer. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Add coconut cream, pistachios, ginger and the remaining of the coconut milk to a high speed blender and blend for about 1 minute. Add the zucchini mixture and ground coriander to the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth. Season with dash of salt and pepper if needed. Serve soup in a bowl, top with chopped fresh herbs and garnish with a few red peppercorns.