Many of you have asked me to share more smoothie recipes because work, family and busy schedules limit our time and we all want to make something quick and delicious. For some busy moms it feels like a victory when everyone in the family enjoys the same smoothie recipe before starting the day. Some days, we also need a little extra energy to get through the day.
This is one of my favorite energizing smoothie recipes. It is exciting, nutrient dense and adds that extra magic to get through the day. It’s light, creamy, energy boosting and loaded with antioxidants, natural anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk of choice
- 1/2 McIntosh apple with skin
- 1/3 ripe banana, peeled and cut
- 1/4 an avocado
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and washed
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
Blend all the ingredients in a blender. (Depending on your blender, blend until you obtain the desired consistency)