For those of you who don’t know me, I am a militant when it comes to having fresh herbs and greens on daily basis. Why? They add a lot of flavors and freshness to our meals, they are super energizing with loads of nourishing nutrients and are super beautiful! One great way to have tons of herbs and greens in your diet is by using them in your smoothie. Replace that sugary loaded cafe mocha and the blueberry muffin with this energizing green smoothie. Bring your blender out and put it to use. My secret for this smoothie? Manganese-rich macadamia nuts and orange blossom water! Macadamia nut adds a sophisticated creaminess to this smoothie and orange blossom water adds a heavenly floral flavor and aroma. I hope you make it and you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 orange, peeled and cut
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and washed (adjust to your taste if it’s too spicy for you)
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled and washed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 small handful fresh dill
- 1 handful fresh watercress
- 1 tablespoon raw shelled hempseeds
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- A pinch kosher sea salt
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- Dash of stevia powder (adjust the sweetness to your taste)
- 1 cup ice cubes (adjust to your taste)
TIP: For extra sweetness you can add 1 tsp. raw honey. For a thinner smoothie, you can add more water.
Place hemp seeds, macadamia nuts, coconut milk, salt, ginger, turmeric, orange blossom, vanilla extract and coconut milk with a few ice cubes and blend for about 30-45 seconds for a creamy texture. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth (Depending on your blender, blend until you obtain the desired consistency). Pour in glass and enjoy. It’s best to drink smoothies right away to get the optimal nutritional benefits.
NOTE: If you wish to make this in a batch, it’s best to store it in airtight containers with minimal space at the top.