The arrival of the autumn is all about beautiful orange and yellow colors for me. I always like to use in-season ingredients in my smoothies and this recipe says: HELLO FALL!
It’s creamy, with a touch of sweetness, subtle flavors of spices and simply beautiful. In addition, it’s loaded with antioxidants, natural anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties. I have made this recipe for many children and they love it as well. Enjoy!
- 2/3 cup coconut milk or your favorite milk of choice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 ripe banana, peeled and cut (frozen preferred)
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 inch ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric powder
- A pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- A pinch of kosher sea salt
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
NOTE: For extra sweetness, you can add 1 teaspoon raw honey or a touch of stevia powder.
Place the pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and milk in a blender and blend for 30 seconds for an extra creaminess. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for 1 minute (Depending on your blender, blend until you obtain the desired consistency) Pour in a glass and sprinkle with some cinnamon, turmeric and pumpkin seeds. It’s best to drink smoothies right away to get the optimal benefit from the nutrients.