Arrival of the autumn is all about beautiful orange and yellow colors for me. I always like to use in-season ingredients in my smoothies and this recipe says: HELLO FALL!
It’s creamy, with a touch of sweetness, subtle flavors of spices and simply beautiful. In addition it’s loaded with antioxidants, natural anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties. I have made this recipe for many children and they love it as well. Enjoy!
- ½ cup coconut milk or your favorite milk of choice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut (frozen preferred)
- ½ tsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 dried date
- 2 Tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp. dried turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- A pinch of kosher sea salt
- 1 cup ice cubes
NOTE: For extra sweetness you can add 1 tsp. raw honey or 1 tsp. dried raisins to the recipe.
Place the pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and milk in a blender and blend for 30 seconds for an extra creaminess.Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for 1 minute (Depending on your blender, blend until you obtain the desired consistency) Pour in a glass and sprinkle with some cinnamon, turmeric and pumpkin seeds. It’s best to drink smoothies right away to get the optimal benefit from the nutrients.