Cauliflower is one of my favorite and ultimate versatile vegetables which can be used in a variety of dishes. It absorbs a lot of exciting flavors, it is low in calorie and its texture can be transformed from crunchy to creamy depending on how you cook it.
In addition to its culinary versatility, cauliflower deserves a special recognition for its remarkable nutritional values with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and cancer fighting phytochemicals. This anti-oxidant rich and delicious recipe is beautifully vibrant in color and full of flavors. I love it hot or cold, by itself or as a side dish. Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower washed, cut into florets with some stalks attached
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried currants
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
In a mixing bowl combine cauliflower, sea salt, pepper and garlic. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower mixture to the skillet and toss occasionally until browned about 10- 12 minutes. Add ¾ cup water, and cook until cauliflower is tender and water has evaporated. Add curry and turmeric powder cauliflower and saute for 2 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to a medium bowl and add Parmesan cheese, currants, coriander powder, olive oil and mix. Arrange the cauliflower on a serving platter and top it with chopped mint leaves.