Regardless of what I’m preparing, I’m always looking for simple opportunities to turn my recipes into dishes that are more exciting, flavorful and appetizing in the simplest ways. Coconut is one of those ingredients which adds a very unique excitement and creaminess with the touch of sweetness to vegetables, rice, smoothies, snacks and other dishes. The flavor of coconut can also make many vegetable and other dishes very appealing for children as well.
I always like to avoid sugar, sulfates, stabilizers and thickeners specially when using coconut products. So when I use coconut flakes, I use 100% organic coconut flakes from Let’s Do…Organic®.
These Coconut flakes are gluten free with fiber, Iron and vitamin C and can be used in so many ways to enhance the flavor of your dishes with a special richness.
- Blend 3 tbsp. coconut flakes with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk or your favorite choice of milk in a blender. You can keep the mixture in your refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Cook 1 cup brown rice or your favorite choice of rice with 1 cup water + the mixture, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve the rice hot and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and a dash of coriander powder.
- Heat the mixture + ½ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp. coconut oil, ½ tsp. black pepper, ½ tsp. cinnamon sweeten with raw honey and drink it hot.
- Brew your favorite tea and add 4 tbsp. of mixture to your tea + raw honey.
- Combine and blend 1 cup of the mixture with 1 persimmon or 1 apple, 1 Tbsp. chia seeds + ½ tsp. cardamom powder and some ice in a blender for an energizing smoothie.
- Roast 3 cups of your favorite vegetable like carrots, winter squash or cauliflower with one small onion. Simply add the mixture to your cooked vegetable with 1 tsp. fresh chopped ginger, 1 tsp. cinnamon, dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper and blend in a blender until smooth for a delicious and creamy puree.